Friday, August 1, 2008

JAUNDICE

Carter was really jaundice when during the first couple of weeks, so we had to put him under the billi lights for two nights straight. It was not fun at all. We had to keep taking him back to the hospital for almost two weeks straight so they could keep checking his billirubin levels. The awful part of that is the way they have to do it. The lab techs have to prick his heel (well I shouldn't say prick, because it looks more like a slice) to draw blood. Carter had to have this done probably over 11 times, so you can only imagine what his heels looked like. I felt so sorry for him. He got to the point that whenever anyone would touch his foot he would just start screaming. Poor thing.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Freak Linds.... I really didn't think I would find anything when I checked your blog, but I guess I'm the slacker. What the heck you were going to call me to come over remember? I really need to come see the baby. I have to go back to work soon.....AHHH!

Good job on the blog. I'm glad I can at least see you guys here!